Do’s and Don’t for Dandruff
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dandruff:
- Dandruff is mainly caused by unhealthy food habit, excess intake of junk and oily food. Avoid them if you really want a permanent solution of your dandruff problem.
- Restrict your intake of tea, coffee, and other beverages. Similarly, meat, sugar, chocolates should also be avoided.
- Include juicy fruits, but not citrus fruits. Banana too is not referred for people suffering from severe dandruff.
- Take a balanced diet that includes green vegetables, grams, cereals, fruits, etc. Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice.
- Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo, avoid using shampoo with strong artificial fragrance.
- Comb your hair daily. This will keep the blood circulation normal inside the scalp. Prevent your scalp from becoming oily and dirty. Massage the scalp with some good herbal oil using your finger tips, by moving the fingers in a circular motion all over the scalp.
- Avoid milk, dairy products, sea foods, animal proteins and fatty foods.
- Vitamin C is not good for dandruff. So try to avoid most sour tasting foods rich in vitamin C. Therefore, tomatoes, oranges, lemons, tamarind, etc. which contain acidic content, must be avoided.
- Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Green vegetables are considered best in fighting the dandruff.
- Do not take fermented foods and baked products like breads, cheese, wine and all kinds of alcohol.
- Use of hair color and hair dye should be restricted for dandruff infested persons.
- Some people believe that dandruff is increased by stress. So, try to keep yourself free from stress. Perform yogic exercises that will help you in relieving stress.
- Dandruff tends to be formed more when the skin is dry. So, keep your hair well oiled. It will also strengthen your hair at its roots.