The dandruff is a common problem for all the people, who have dry skin on their scalp or are exposed to a lot of stress. Furthermore, to get rid of the dandruff is one of the hardest things ever, because most of the things that are suitable for curing that problem do not work properly. Therefore, in that article I will show the 3 main ways to get rid of dandruff and I recommend you to try all of them, because they work.
- First try some of the dandruff shampoos available in the stores located near you. However, when choosing what shampoo to buy, make sure that you will check the ingredients, because the good anti-dandruff shampoo must contain salicylic acid, selenium sulfide, ketoconazole and zinc. Furthermore, if you are not sure, which is the most suitable product for you, make sure that you will ask a professional such as your hair stylist or dermatologist. If you manage to get rid of the dandruff using that shampoo, you should use your regular shampoo and small amounts of the anti-dandruff shampoo a 1-2 times per week, because that way you will prevent the dandruff from appearing again.
- The cause of each one of the skin problems can be found in the way that you eat. Remember that if you keep your body healthy, you will not suffer from any health problems at all. Therefore, sometimes you can get rid of the dandruff from using a diet. Make sure that you will find a proper diet, which will exclude eating fats, oils and sugars, because sometimes they are a common cause for the dandruff to appear on the first place. Make sure that you will include foods containing B vitamins (mainly B6), vitamin A, healthy fats (which are found in nuts and flax), garlic and oregano oil. Most of the dermatologist say that sometimes the cause for the dandruff to appear is food allergy, so you should pay a visit to your personal physician to see whether you have that health problem or not.
- Finally, other causes for the dandruff are the stress and anxiety. Therefore, once you manage to deal with them, you will get rid of the dandruff. Remember that emotional, mental and physical stress play major role in forming many of the health problems that you might have. Furthermore, if you do not sleep properly or you worry about your work and life too much, can also cause dandruff. Many people think that those problems are not related to a skin problem on the scalp, but they are wrong, because anxiety and stress are common causes for many health problems to appear and some of them might even be lethal if not treated on time. Therefore, to deal with the dandruff, you should learn how to manage your stress. It is a good idea to consult with your personal healthcare provider, because he will recommend you where to find the best therapist for you.
Summary: The Dandruff is one of the most common skin problems today, but there are a lot of ways to cure it. If you have that problem, but do not know how to deal with it, that article is the place where you will find that information.
Dandruff is a common type of scalp irritation. usually referring to the state of the skin in which shiny, silvery scales tear off from the scalp and gather amidst the hair.
According to health experts, the condition appears to be caused by a yeast-like fungus called malassezia, also known as pityrosporum. The malassezia fungus is normally found on the scalp without causing problems.
However, if it grows unchecked, possibly due to factors like hormonal imbalance, stress, immune suppression, infrequent shampooing, illness, or increased oil production, a mild inflammation is seen that produces dead skin cells. This condition can become quite disconcerting and worrisome when the skin gets infected.
The most common dandruff symptoms include white, oily-looking flakes of dead skin in the hair and on the shoulders, as well as an itchy, scaling scalp. The scalp can also be either excessively dry or oily. According to some health experts, the main causes of dandruff are impairment of general health, the development of a toxic condition that could be due to taking the wrong types of food, low resistance due to infections and constipation.
Natural And Herbal remedies For Dandruff
- Olive Oil and Almond Oil. Mix some of these equally and massage into your scalp. Let stand for 5 minutes, then rinse after.
- Ginger. Mix ginger root and olive oil, and apply these to the scalp before shampooing. If the condition is extremely bad, put the mixture on 10-15 minutes before shampooing.
- Rosemary Rub. Mix rosemary oil or a mixture of olive oil and crushed rosemary. Leave this into the scalp for 15 minutes.
- Tea Tree Oil. This natural ingredient has been noted to be useful in the treatment of dandruff.
- Fenugreek Seeds. Fenugreek seeds are one of the most essential treatments for conditions like dandruff. Two tablespoons of these seeds need to be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for about partially an hour.
- Lime. Use a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another helpful remedy. This not only leaves the hair shining but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.
- Green Gram Powder. The hair must be washed with this herb at least two times a week with two tablespoons of the powder mixed with half a cup of curd.
Health experts also note that diet plays a major factor in the effective treatment of dandruff. For starters, an individual who suffers from this condition, should resort to an all-fruit diet for about five days and take three meals a day of ripe and fresh fruits, and possibly keep away from citrus fruits, bananas and tinned fruits.
After the all-fruit diet, the patient can slowly adopt a well-balanced diet, with emphasis on raw foods, especially fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, an individual needs to keep off from strong teas or coffee, pickles, as well as refined and processed foods.
Dandruff is a condition in which flaking of scalp (skin of head) occurs which falls like snow flakes commonly seen on shoulders and face. Dandruff is a infectious condition caused by bacteria and fungus. It leads to the excessive scales formation of the skin accompanied by itching. As it is an infectious condition hence it can spread through direct and indirect contact like sharing towels, combs etc.
Dandruff is of two types:
Waxy dandruff – it occurs the epidermis scales which is mixed with the sebum that stick to the scalp in the form of patches.
Dry dandruff – in this, small white flakes of scalp falls or may get attached to the skin of head.
- Hot stream bath especially on the scalp is highly beneficial.
- Massage of warm olive or sesame oil and then wrap a warm cloth or a towel on head for few minutes is very helpful in getting rid of dandruff.
- For getting rid of dandruff apply peel of lime immersed in coconut milk or oil heated naturally by leaving it in sunshine for ten days.
- Apply hot olive oil or sesame oil on the scalp at bed time. Now an hour prior to the bathing rub lime juice mixed with the cosmetic vinegar on the scalp. Wash and rinse your hairs properly. For the last rinse use lime juice and warm water. Follow this process for about 3 months twice a week. This will surely help in relieving from dandruff.
- Massage the scalp with almond and olive oil for five minutes, leave it for some time and then rinse off to get the dandruff free hairs.
- Final rinsing of hairs with the cider vinegar after applying a herbal shampoo also relieves from dandruff.
- Applying two table spoon of cosmetic vinegar and six table spoon of hot water on the scalp with the help of cotton swab and leave it over night. After that wash it with herbal or a mild baby shampoo.
- Giving sufficient exposure of sun to the scalp is another important method of getting rid of dandruff
- Applying gently warm coconut oil mixed with one hundredth of black pepper is very good remedy for treating dandruff.
- Beet root crushed in henna paste is good in preventing dandruff and hair fall when applied on head.
- Beet root juice mixed with cider vinegar and ginger juice is very helpful in treating dandruff.
- Juice of snake gourd is very effective treatment in curing dandruff when rubbed gently on the scalp.
- Fenugreek seeds are soaked in water and let undisturbed overnight. Now these seeds are grinded and applied on scalp gently. Leave it for 45 minutes. Then rinse off with the help of shikakai or ritha.
- Massaging hairs with curd mixed with lime juice and amla (Indian goose berry) before going to bed is a good method of relieving from situations of hair fall and dandruff.
- Washing hairs with powder of green gram is also good to prevent dandruff.
- Last rinse with the lime juice is beneficial for hair fall an dandruff condition.
- Avoid using red meat, sweets, strong coffees and teas, candies, aerated drinks like Pepsi and coke, pickles and spices.
- One should be very particular about the diet and should stress on food stuff like fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouted seeds, raw nuts and cereals.
- Massaging of pure apple juice and thrice the quantity of warm water is good treatment of fading away dandruff.
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dandruff:
- Dandruff is mainly caused by unhealthy food habit, excess intake of junk and oily food. Avoid them if you really want a permanent solution of your dandruff problem.
- Restrict your intake of tea, coffee, and other beverages. Similarly, meat, sugar, chocolates should also be avoided.
- Include juicy fruits, but not citrus fruits. Banana too is not referred for people suffering from severe dandruff.
- Take a balanced diet that includes green vegetables, grams, cereals, fruits, etc. Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice.
- Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo, avoid using shampoo with strong artificial fragrance.
- Comb your hair daily. This will keep the blood circulation normal inside the scalp. Prevent your scalp from becoming oily and dirty. Massage the scalp with some good herbal oil using your finger tips, by moving the fingers in a circular motion all over the scalp.
- Avoid milk, dairy products, sea foods, animal proteins and fatty foods.
- Vitamin C is not good for dandruff. So try to avoid most sour tasting foods rich in vitamin C. Therefore, tomatoes, oranges, lemons, tamarind, etc. which contain acidic content, must be avoided.
- Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Green vegetables are considered best in fighting the dandruff.
- Do not take fermented foods and baked products like breads, cheese, wine and all kinds of alcohol.
- Use of hair color and hair dye should be restricted for dandruff infested persons.
- Some people believe that dandruff is increased by stress. So, try to keep yourself free from stress. Perform yogic exercises that will help you in relieving stress.
- Dandruff tends to be formed more when the skin is dry. So, keep your hair well oiled. It will also strengthen your hair at its roots.
Heat 30-40 ml of coconut oil, add two or three flakes of garlic and three to four peppercorns to the mixture. Cool and apply to the scalp. Wash off nest morning with a mild shampoo to find healthy and voluminous hair. Try this twice a week for three to four weeks to find a long term solution to the problem of dandruff, along with healthy hair.
Grate a coconut and extract thick coconut milk from it. Apply on hair and leave overnight. Wash off, next day with a mild shampoo. Repeat twice a week to find relief from dandruff.
Put a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in coconut oil and massage into the scalp. Leave overnight and then shampoo. This process repeated twice a week for a couple of weeks will show improvement in dandruff conditions. The massage of the hair is an important part of the treatment as it stimulates blood flow to the scalp and helps in removing dead cells.
Lemon juice also helps in restoring the pH balance of the scalp. Put a few drops of lemon juice in 15-20 ml of coconut oil and massage into the hair. Leave overnight and wash off the next day to find hair shining and clean. Over a few applications , this treatment will help in restoring the scalp pH balance and reduce dandruff formation.
The above are natural dandruff treatments which rely upon massage to stimulate blood flow to the scalp, restoring the pH balance of the scalp and removing the dead cells to stimulate growth of healthy skin cells stimulating natural oil flow to the hair follicles by opening up the pores.