The dandruff is a common problem for all the people, who have dry skin on their scalp or are exposed to a lot of stress. Furthermore, to get rid of the dandruff is one of the hardest things ever, because most of the things that are suitable for curing that problem do not work properly. Therefore, in that article I will show the 3 main ways to get rid of dandruff and I recommend you to try all of them, because they work.
- First try some of the dandruff shampoos available in the stores located near you. However, when choosing what shampoo to buy, make sure that you will check the ingredients, because the good anti-dandruff shampoo must contain salicylic acid, selenium sulfide, ketoconazole and zinc. Furthermore, if you are not sure, which is the most suitable product for you, make sure that you will ask a professional such as your hair stylist or dermatologist. If you manage to get rid of the dandruff using that shampoo, you should use your regular shampoo and small amounts of the anti-dandruff shampoo a 1-2 times per week, because that way you will prevent the dandruff from appearing again.
- The cause of each one of the skin problems can be found in the way that you eat. Remember that if you keep your body healthy, you will not suffer from any health problems at all. Therefore, sometimes you can get rid of the dandruff from using a diet. Make sure that you will find a proper diet, which will exclude eating fats, oils and sugars, because sometimes they are a common cause for the dandruff to appear on the first place. Make sure that you will include foods containing B vitamins (mainly B6), vitamin A, healthy fats (which are found in nuts and flax), garlic and oregano oil. Most of the dermatologist say that sometimes the cause for the dandruff to appear is food allergy, so you should pay a visit to your personal physician to see whether you have that health problem or not.
- Finally, other causes for the dandruff are the stress and anxiety. Therefore, once you manage to deal with them, you will get rid of the dandruff. Remember that emotional, mental and physical stress play major role in forming many of the health problems that you might have. Furthermore, if you do not sleep properly or you worry about your work and life too much, can also cause dandruff. Many people think that those problems are not related to a skin problem on the scalp, but they are wrong, because anxiety and stress are common causes for many health problems to appear and some of them might even be lethal if not treated on time. Therefore, to deal with the dandruff, you should learn how to manage your stress. It is a good idea to consult with your personal healthcare provider, because he will recommend you where to find the best therapist for you.
Summary: The Dandruff is one of the most common skin problems today, but there are a lot of ways to cure it. If you have that problem, but do not know how to deal with it, that article is the place where you will find that information.
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dandruff:
- Dandruff is mainly caused by unhealthy food habit, excess intake of junk and oily food. Avoid them if you really want a permanent solution of your dandruff problem.
- Restrict your intake of tea, coffee, and other beverages. Similarly, meat, sugar, chocolates should also be avoided.
- Include juicy fruits, but not citrus fruits. Banana too is not referred for people suffering from severe dandruff.
- Take a balanced diet that includes green vegetables, grams, cereals, fruits, etc. Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice.
- Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo, avoid using shampoo with strong artificial fragrance.
- Comb your hair daily. This will keep the blood circulation normal inside the scalp. Prevent your scalp from becoming oily and dirty. Massage the scalp with some good herbal oil using your finger tips, by moving the fingers in a circular motion all over the scalp.
- Avoid milk, dairy products, sea foods, animal proteins and fatty foods.
- Vitamin C is not good for dandruff. So try to avoid most sour tasting foods rich in vitamin C. Therefore, tomatoes, oranges, lemons, tamarind, etc. which contain acidic content, must be avoided.
- Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Green vegetables are considered best in fighting the dandruff.
- Do not take fermented foods and baked products like breads, cheese, wine and all kinds of alcohol.
- Use of hair color and hair dye should be restricted for dandruff infested persons.
- Some people believe that dandruff is increased by stress. So, try to keep yourself free from stress. Perform yogic exercises that will help you in relieving stress.
- Dandruff tends to be formed more when the skin is dry. So, keep your hair well oiled. It will also strengthen your hair at its roots.